Monday, July 18, 2011

Its been awhile~ part 2

tadah~ this is part 2 of my blog post.

2. 15km marathon for cancer society

After coming back from redang, i became determined to improve my stamina so i started running daily at bedok reservoir. I was actually quite proud of myself for sticking to my plans and running conscientiously every night. Although i may not be running fast, at least i made sure i completed the entire round before heading home. Actually its more of not having a choice cause run halfway also no shortcut to go home. After meeting up the rest on the first weekend after we came back, yong hong asked if i was willing to participate in the marathon next sunday as his friends and him couldnt attend it. i took up the offer since i haven't participate in one before. In the end, there was sarah, wendy, kah hwee, chester and myself who joined. Soon, we were all training ourself in one way or another.

On the actual day of the event, kah hwee was kind enough to drive all of us to the marathon at east coast park. After a short warm up session, the marathon started as the 15km runners were flagged off first before the 10km runner and finally the 5km runners. It was okay initially but gradually, i felt the strain in my legs as i went cycling the previous day. Its not an excuse though, im still a slow runner. zzz. As we ran further, kah hwee slowly went out of sight before sarah and wendy disappeared infront too. i was really grateful to chester as he was running with me and constantly encouraging me to go on. Once we passed the 11km mark, chester slowed down too and we were chatting as we strolled along the park. When we were reaching the finishing line, kah hwee, sarah and wendy were already waiting for us and they all pushed and ran with us will the finishing line. Thanks guys!!

After completing the run, we took a short rest before heading to the toilet for wash up before meeting yong hong to have lunch at katong laksa.

It was a really good experience since it was my first marathon. If there are further chances, i think i would probably joined a few more.

Till my next post.
Aaron =)

No comments: